Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell


The book was not that bad. I think the ideas of it were somewhat frightening to my imagination. A girl's parents send her to a mental institution where she lives for over 60 years. She is not crazy, but just a free spirit who doesn't do everything that is told of her. She returns to the real world where no one even knows she exists. Is that scary or what?

To disappear and be forgotten that easily. Your life to have made an almost invisible but noticeable impact. To almost not be discovered.

As a child and a teenager, often times I wish I could disappear or be invisible. See if I made any difference in the world. Now, I changed my perspective on that. I look for the people who fade in the background and try to acknowledge them because I know how it feels...

No comments: