Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Lucky T - Kate Brian



My sister borrowed this book from the library and I decided to read it. It was about a girl who has this lucky T-shirt that accidentally gets sent as part of a donation to India. The girl decides to go all the way to India to track it down, but learns about how she can create her own luck, and (of course like all teen novels!!) meets a cute, perfect guy in the process.

It was alright. I'm glad Kate Brian did not romanticize or exoticize India. Of course, meeting the Indian guy was a little idealistic and unrealistic. Seriously? An Indian-British student who goes to Cambridge is going to fall for a sophomore in high school? Really?

I guess that was the nature of the teen novel genre. If I want to say something positive, a message of sorts could be a person creates his or her own luck. Nothing deep or profound.

No comments: