Friday, September 16, 2005

September 16, 2005- Inspecteur Maigret

Bonjour tout le monde!
This semester I'm taking French 345: Culture and Society. It's just my luck that we are reading mysteries :-). Who knew there was this whole mystery series that I was totally oblivious of?? They are all written by a French author Georges Simenon. We have just finished reading Le Chien Jaune. It was quite good. Proud of myself that I guessed who le coupable was. Can't wait to read the rest of his novels! Simenon has quite an interesting life and writing style. Prior to starting the novel, we read some of his short stories and articles. They were simple stories nonetheless there is an element of realism to them. They aren't hard to believe. Probably that's why he is very popular and well-read. Being the book person I am I'm glad that I stumbled across his writings:-).

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

comment testing...