Wednesday, July 13, 2005

12-July

blahh heh ignore that last entry i was basically pulling my hair out of boredom heh. u know that i think too much when i'm bored. very bad habit. anyhoo this summer involved a lot of fiction reading. At first I read a lot of novels by South Asian authors. I read some Chitra Divakaruni novels and a wonderful book called The Hero's Walk by Anita Rau Badami. But most South Asian novels are so serious and depressing at times. I was getting bored and all the heavy reading got to me, so I started reading a lot of light chick lit. I read both Bridget Jones books and the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella. and some other chick lit like Is That a Moose IN Your Pocket?. All of them soo funny. I also started to read a few of the books my sister got from the book fair. light, middle-school age appropriate books. but I read them anyways. Very good. I don't think that such good books were there when I was in middle school. They all follow a variation of this formula: an underdog hero/heroine who learns about him/herself and finds his/her place in the world making lots of mistakes but trying their best. But I still liked them. They are good role models for kids that age. It makes you feel not so alone even if the character is only imaginary. Totally related to them. hehe. OK now the BIG KAHUNA!!!

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE THIS SATURDAY!

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

::big grin::

No comments: