Friday, June 15, 2007

Hearts

It almost happened. To me. Something nice. It was just the beginning and fun. But it went kersplat. I learned from it I guess. I'm lucky my parents were ok with it, but the other person's weren't, so it had to end. It kind of hurts a lot. I guess I would pick my family over a potential too. I hope he fought for me a little though. I'm glad it wasn't a personal vendetta against me, but parental disapproval. It still sucks.

I really liked him. And I think he liked me. I got the impression. But maybe we got caught up in the moment. Our hearts were going faster than we could catch up because it was a first for both of us. It felt nice to hear and say things though. I still want to be friends. That would be sad to not talk to each other again because of this. We were good friends before. I know it won't be the same, but completely cut off? We didn't even get a chance to develop anything. It felt good though to find out someone thought I was attractive and had a crush on me. I didn't think that was possible.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what, his loss!

But I am curious, why did his parents not approve of you?

(Is this a fiction piece or real?)

Bookworm said...

it wasn't b/c his parents didn't approve of me personally, they were just totally against him dating. he said he respects their wishes so he broke it off.

and yep it's real. unfortunately.

rads said...

aw. *hugs*

First crush/love are sorta hard. I know that's no consolation, but still..

Bookworm said...

thanks rads. i needed a hug.

i guess some people do things that don't make sense and we have to live with the consequences.

rads said...

o u are welcome. Trust me, it only get better. :)

..and about senseless acts, well, that really doesnt get better. I am still learning, and I suppose at the end of it it's a matter of survival. How to protect oneself without getting hurt..

Take care - and you know you can always talk - as long as u can call me 'rads' online ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with rads. There will always be people who do things that will hurt us. At work, in relationships, in grocery stores and so on. I think we will have to learn to protect ourselves. Easier said than done but that's the fact of life.

I disagree with rads on the first crush hurting more. I think first or 10th it's going to hurt pretty badly. Take it from an experienced person :) But you will be Ok though. I think the the trick is not to brood over it.

If the person who is called "rads" on the internet is not available, you know who to talk to.

Bookworm said...

thanks you guys. it means a lot to me that you're there for me.

the saying that it's better to have experienced it than to not have at all applies here. even if it was only for a week and a half i learned a lot about myself.

swati said...

Well....wish you speedy recovery : )

Bookworm said...

thanks caapirighter! am currently in stable condition =)