Monday, December 04, 2006

Dancing in front of an Audience

Is it wierd that I don't mind performing in front of a group of strangers but I hate performing for my friends or family? you would think it should be the opposite.

i feel all this pressure to be really good when i perform in front of people i know. i realllyyy want to show them, but I get so antsy and nervous I usually end up messing up or freaking out. It's semi stage fright. I love performing - it's the best high ever! seriously, your adrenaline is pumping and you just give it your all. but for some odd reason i am so afraid of what my friends think. damn high expectations.

I also don't mind going in stage as part of a group but a solo eek. It's something I'm slowly working on getting over. I cannot let one bad experience marr future opportunities.

This applies to all parts of my life. I would do so much better in my classes if I didn't have grades. I have got to learn to handle things under pressure. I get crushed too easily. I must put myself out there. ::repeat incessantly::

this semester i took a dance class - learned some ballet and hip hop. so much fun! tomorrow i'm performing. i hope i can control my incredibly long spaghetti arms...they're like rubber bands flailing all over the place.

No comments: