Wednesday, November 16, 2005

November 16, 2005 - Wassup with that?

What is the complete and utter fascination with football? Why is it amusing to watch something for four hours straight where a bunch of people who get paid too much for tackling each other?
Why is it a big deal not to go to the so-called "big game"?

Also, why on earth are people so good at making me feel guilty for not going? gah.

I don't particularly enjoy football. Now, don't think I don't admire athletes. Sports is a good motivation for people to stay healthy. And there are really great scholarship opportunities. And athletes really learn time management and responsibility. But why is football so much more important then say-I don't know- the freakin future of the United States?? If people cared as much about football as last year's Presidential race, who knows what would have happened?

Argh.

6 comments:

Hash Gowda said...

U like cricket? I can give a write up of same kind for that.. Any game.
U wanna understand why ppl luv football. As the famous saying goes "b4 u comment on somebody, please get into there shoes and walk a mile. After that u comment, ur 1mile away and u got there shoes :) " So I would suggest u to run constantly around a football ground for say around 30mins. After that "I wud be welcome to take ur suggestion".
:)

Hash Gowda said...

U are supposed to update ur comment against my comment in here not in my blog. ppl visiting this blog will not understand whats happening the comments wud look a bit uncontinued. Think abt it.

Bookworm said...

well sorry dude. it's my first venture into blogging but thanks for the tip.

Hash Gowda said...

Always welcome. And if u read carefully. It was my friends marriage invitation :) :)

Bookworm said...

oh heh. sorry about that. well congrats to him then lol.

Hash Gowda said...

:))